Friday, May 13, 2011

Highway Lights in Your Eyes

Like the salt melts the slug,
The highway lights in your eyes
Shrivels my fretful nerves and its shrieks.
Forgive my tongue
But my frantic words are of homeless despair
And everything that I angrily mutter
Is born from a wounded childhood freak

I am a bowing Satan to your muddy flesh,
And my tears of guilt peels my fire to flake
So I weep behind my wicked words and deeds.
Forgive my tongue
But they pitied my weakness
And drenched my cheeks into bloody petals
And my flesh with blasphemous bleach

I will give death its third and final kiss,
In the name of the highway lights in your eyes
And your curled up Godly scene.
Forgive my tongue
But it is concealed beneath your gleaming shadow
And it stutters its poetry
In the name of this poet's unworthy speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment