Thursday, July 23, 2009

The mark of my beginning

Oh love
I dare not think of the time before I had known you
Was I even alive?
Was my presence even pasted into this world?
Oh lover
Your love woke me up from my slumber
Did it wake you not?
Remember our desire to find love?
Do you not know it killed us frequently?
Oh lover
Your love cured me
Kept death away from me
Gave me wings for I’m a dreaming lover
Oh lover
Your tears might not bring back the dead
But they killed me at the break of dawn
Indeed my mind was away
But my heart was present
Slaughtered and agonizing from thy tears
I blame you not
For love had previously deceived you
Oh lover
Had love deceived you again?
Had it not retrieved what it first took from you?


I remember those eclipsed words you said
“I’m not a crying lover
I cry not when I simplify I love you
I’m a loving lover to that love of Kelly’s”
And I reply
“As I am!”
Ah how beautifully veiled are those allegations
For we both know in the heart we are crying lovers
Thus
I shall cry to thee
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment