Sunday, November 1, 2009

Droplets of Your Name

*Drip…Drip*
My heart bled your name all over my papers
Mixed it up with my tears of ink
That drew down these words of sorrow
And gave birth to this piece of art

I look into your beautiful brown eyes
Eyelashes so tender and perfectly curved
They bleed agony as you read a book called “Life”
And while I watch you read it
I only see a black page…
Your hands shiver at the bottom right of the page
You don’t wanna flip it
You’re still hopeful you can bleach the black page
And so I lend you my soul
Place it above your heavenly made ambrosial hands
Hoping to make you flip the page
Open a new white one that shall bleach away the past
But you’re still firmly holding onto the black page
Your tears drop all over it
And I stare in wonder
Am I not good enough?...

I suffer when I see your tears
I just want to heal you
Break the chains of my heart that want to scream
PICK ME!
Pick me…
Pick me…
For honey with me
You can drink up an endless fountain of love

And then I snap awake

I look at the book in my hand called “Life”
And I see the page with your name written all over it
And I cry teardrops for I feel helpless towards your pain
And so I don’t flip the page
Hoping that my tears might make you flip yours.

1 comment:

  1. a round of applause. gorgeous indeed.
    you make the poet speechless: )

    ReplyDelete