Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fearless

I took on a journey
A journey of materialism
The journey of joyful pain
Torturing pleasure and gain
And as I walked amongst people
I found a boy with a plastic rainbow
His eyes spoke words that the tongue never dares to spell
So I stared onto their moist soil that is craving a sun to dry them up
The melody of his eyes took my hands and drove me into his journey
A journey amongst his peers

And as I observed his world
He'd look at me and point out at his peers
And he quietly said

"Look at them, my world and family
With them I share the joy and agony
They love me to bits
But too much love is catastrophe"

The boy goes silent
And I observe again as he gets ready to speak
I interrupt his words and say

"They love you too much it's become unhealthy
And I know you love them too
But their love has driven them blind
And so they grasp onto you”

And the boy nods, turns red and tense
Unleashes sealed words and anger
“And they’ve raped me dry
Drained my energy and broken my wings to fly
Angels indeed they are
But after all
Satan is an angel too

So they tend to help make me live
And not commit the sinful deed that surrenders my soul to the dark side
But with what they claim is help
They kill me indeliberately

Their love towards me injects them with doses of selfishness
That they repelled the one I truly love

They married me without a proposal
Intoxicated the air I breathe
Forced me to live a lithium that satisfies them

And as I’m being smothered by their destructive love
I love them still
And all I hope for is that when they slay me unconsciously
They get away with murder”

So my journey goes on
As I watch his life burn away into ashes by those who love him most
And I only pray that love won’t take away his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment